/Trump has denied any responsibility for the US Capitol attack as the House moves toward impeachment

Trump has denied any responsibility for the US Capitol attack as the House moves toward impeachment

WASHINGTON (Next) – President Donald Trump called for more violence before next week’s inauguration on Tuesday but said he was not responsible for last week’s attack on U.S. capital.

At his first public meeting since last week, the president traveled to Texas to highlight the administration’s work on the border.

“They said it can’t be done and we’ve done it,” he said.

Back in Washington, the U.S. House is preparing to vote on an impeachment motion “inciting revolt.” The allegations surfaced shortly after the president’s supporters attacked the U.S. Capitol last week.

“People thought what I said was perfectly appropriate,” Trump said.

Before shouting during a news conference in New York City, Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer called for tighter security in Washington.

“We can do the least to make the sky, the opening, the capital and the country safer,” Sumer (D-NY) said.

Security is being beefed up at US Capital and Capital will become a special high-security zone a week before the inauguration.

“The FBI’s men and women will not give up,” Steven D’Antuono told the FBI in Washington.

The FBI announced Tuesday that 150 lawsuits have been filed since the Capital attacks.

“We’re ready for the next thing,” said Rep. David Price (D-NC).

Price said despite concerns about additional attacks, he plans to attend the inauguration of President-elect Joe Biden next week.

“By leaving our government, we are sending a signal that we are sending,” he said.

Vice President Mike Pence is expected to attend Biden’s inauguration. President Trump has said he will not join.