Six City (KTIV) – Six City Parks and Recreation will open three city pools for public swimming from Monday, June 22nd.
These include Life Ericsson, Lewis and Riverside Pool.
According to a press release from the city, staff have developed policies and procedures in consultation with Sixland Health to help provide a safe environment for pool users. The extra cleaning method will remain in place.
Officials say staff will clean the high-touch floors before each base and deep clean before and after each session. Guests are encouraged to maintain a six-foot distance from others and use hand sanitizer before entering and leaving the facility.
Open swimming times will include:
- Days of the week (Monday – Friday)
- Weekend (Saturday and Sunday)
- 12:30 p.m. – 3:30 pm
- 4.00 pm. – 7:00 p.m.
Sessions with limited capacity will be available. To allow additional guests, Parks and Wreck will offer two sessions on weekends. Guests can attend both sessions but must pay for each session they attend.
Other considerations for pool use include:
- No drinking fountains will be allowed and water bottles from home will be encouraged.
- Wearing a mask or face mask is highly encouraged in the pool facility, although not allowed while in the water due to the risk of suffocation.
- Kickboards and life jackets will be available. A “clean” pile and a “dirty” pile will indicate which pile has been sanitized since the last one was used.
- Deck chairs will be vacated and pool users will be allowed to bring lawn chairs.
- Slide tube (Riverside) not available.
- A sign-in sheet must be completed when entering the facility. Information will be used by staff to search for contacts once the event is confirmed in a positive case.
The aquatic season will end on August 2. For more information about the city pool, click here.