Jiri Prochzaka survived to the hype.
The former Region Fighting Federation light-heavyweight champion threw the Volkan Ozdemir in a devastating fashion in an initial card bout featuring UFC 251 on Fight Island in Abu Dhabi.
The 227-year-old from the Czech Republic has a unique fighting style and has been one of the most respected mixed martial artists outside the UFC for several years. He showed exactly why he was against a distant veteran knockout artist like Ozdemir.
Welcome to UFC @Jiri_BJP! Are you serious !? # UFC251 pic.twitter.com/tL5DEfYe56
– UFC Canada (@UFC_CA) July 12, 2020
Prochazka has now won 11 fights in a row, 10 of which have come with knockouts or survival, and has lost only once in his last 23 fights. He has also won over UFC veterans CB Dolway and Fabio Maldonado, Olympic gold medalist Judoka Satoshi Ishii, and former Strikeforce champion Muhammad “King Mo” Lal.
The 205-pound division is always starving for new competitors.
Ozdemir was placed at the heading number in the section, which was moving to Bout, which made Prochazka an instant competitor. It also tells you how UFC matchmakers thought of Proclamation, as debutants rarely pair up with their ranked opponents for the first time.
Prachajka was one of the three warriors in the prelims aiming to win the Stage.
Here are the complete UFC 251 preliminary card results:
– Jiri Prochazka knocks out Def Vulcan Ozdemir
– Muslim Salikov DF. Elizu Zaleski dos Santos by split decision
– Makwan Amirkhani DF. Submission by Danny Henry (Anaconda Chowk)
– Leonardo Santos DF Roman Bogatov in unanimous decision
– Marcin Tibur DF. Maxim Grishin in unanimous decision
– Raulian Piva DF Jhalgas Jhumagulov in unanimous decision
– Carol Rosa DF Vanessa Melo unanimously decided
– Davy Grant DF. Martin Day knocked out