New Bern, NC. (WNCT) Residents and visitors have recalled the devastating effects of Hurricane Florence in East North Carolina, and images of Hurricane Laura devastation in Texas and Louisian have highlighted the need for coastal community risk mitigation and resilient planning.
Earlier this year, CTT began working with our consulting partners on multi-phase, long-term risk mitigation and resilience plans that would include significant public input.
Once completed, the City hopes the plan will become a model for other coastal communities.
Here’s how you can get involved:
- Complete the Public Participation Survey: Access the survey here. The survey was launched today and will close on September 24.
- Subscribe to our mailing list: Sign up for the latest updates, meetings and other information by clicking here and filling out the form.
- Visit our project web pages frequently: The project webpage will host all information related to this initiative, including the project schedule and resources available for download. It will always be updated with the latest information and news.
- Get Social: Follow the city of New Bern on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Have any questions, comments or concerns about the resilience plan? Contact [email protected]
Officials are inviting the community to attend virtually the first public meeting on Sept. 10 from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m.
The meeting will include discussions on resilience and risk mitigation and will introduce the consulting partners.
Click here for more information.