Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden has a 5-point lead over President Donald Trump in Michigan, heading toward the final of the 2020 election, according to a new WIDA / Detroit News poll.
Leading the main matchup of voters in the November 2020 Michigan general election, Joe Biden leads Donald Trump with five points, 47 percent to 42 percent. 1 percent chose third party candidates. .0.0 percent of voters are uncertain.
These figures have remained statistically unchanged since January 2020, with Biden at 50 percent and Trump at 43 percent – at the top of the list. What is consistent is that Donald Trump’s level of support did not move beyond his name recognition, approval of his work, and 42 percent of his total vote share.
Donald Trump has been “stuck in the cement” at 42 percent in Michigan for the past four years.
Here are some more key findings from the survey:
- Among independent voters, the number of contestants is even 38.3 percent with Trump and 35.0 percent with Biden. 14.6% of independent voters are uncertain.
- Women support Joe Biden by 54.1% -35.8% – an 18.3% lead.
- Men support Donald Trump by a margin of 49.1% – 39.5% – 9.6%.
- Black voters support Biden by a margin of 94.3% -1.2%.
- White voters supported Trump by a margin of 51.0% -38.7%
- Joe Biden is leading with a gap of 48.9% -44.4% among voters over 655 years of age.
- The largest remaining undecided votes come mainly from voters under the age of 40.
Michigan voters have denied Trump’s handling of the epidemic
- Overall, President Trump has a 43.7 percent approval rating with Michigan voters, and 52.5 percent disapproval.
- 53.7 percent rejection On President Trump’s COVID-19 epidemic management. 42.2 percent approved.
Biden has led Trump in 4 of the 5 most important issues
Voters need to read five separate issue fields and be asked which candidate would do better to handle the issue. Joe Biden tops four of the five topics, with a 7.7% lead in epidemic management and a 21.5% lead in improving racial relations. Donald Trump’s only advantage, in the economy, is by the narrow four-point margin.
Glengarif Group, Inc. conducted a statewide survey of Michigan state voters in the November 2020 general election. Sample00 Sample, Live Operator Telephone Survey was conducted on September 1-3, 2020 and has a margin of error +/- 4.0% with 95% confidence level. 50.0% of respondents were contacted by landline telephone. 50.0% of the respondents were contacted by cell phone telephone. The survey was conducted by WIDA Local 4 News and Detroit News.
Copyright 2020 – All Rights Reserved by WIDA ClickAndTreat