You are considering taking a break from Facebook or you have decided to leave the platform to make it better, follow how to deactivate or delete your Facebook account or dial in your privacy settings.
Update 12/23/20: Apple recently launched the privacy label of its iOS app and it reveals us and how the apps know. As you can guess, Facebook’s privacy label takes about 14 iPhone screens.
Apple’s move to increase transparency in ad tracking has also disappointed Facebook. All of this will probably stop more users from continuing to use Facebook, or at least the privacy settings and the other side of the information we share with Facebook (which is at least in our control).
There are several options for changing how you use Facebook. First, if you want to continue using the platform, you can adjust and tighten your own security and privacy settings.
Alternatively, you can use the temporary or semi-permanent option to deactivate your account which will suspend it and allow you to reactivate it in the future.
Until the end, you can have the option to permanently delete your Facebook account. Let’s take a look at how we’ll perform all three below, if you’re confident about what you want to do, skip the section you want to go to. You can do any of these options on the web as well as on iPhone and iPad.
Since deleting your account is not refundable, you may want to download a copy of your Facebook data. Check out Facebook’s help page here.
How to deactivate or delete your Facebook account
How to delete Facebook permanently
- Launch the Facebook iOS app and tap on the hamburger icon (three lines) in the bottom right corner
- Swipe down and press down Settings and privacyThen Settings
- Swipe down again and choose Ownership and control of the account
- Tap Deactivation Or Delete
- Learn how to delete your account
- You may want to download a copy of your information from Facebook, look for the link shown below
- Also, keep in mind that Facebook will delete Messenger and all messages completely.
To see this process here:
One thing to keep in mind is that if you make changes before the account deletion process is complete, you will have 30 days to cancel.
What does inactive Facebook do?
Here’s how Facebook describes how to deactivate an account:
If you deactivate, your account will not be visible to other people on your Facebook profile and people will not be able to search for you. Some information, such as messages you send to friends, may still be visible to others.
Read more about it on Facebook’s help page. Also, see more about the difference between deactivating and deleting here.
How to delete Facebook accounts on the web
- See https://www.facebook.com/help/delete_account
- Log in with your credentials if necessary
- Click Delete My Account
- Learn to delete your account permanently
Here are some more important details about how to delete your account:
When you delete your account, people will not see it on Facebook. Deleting your photos, status updates, or other data stored on your backup system, such as everything you’ve posted, can take up to 90 days to begin. When we delete this information, it is accessible to other people using Facebook.
How to change your privacy settings
- Open the Facebook iOS app
- Tap the hamburger icon (three lines) in the bottom right corner
- Swipe down and press down Settings and privacyThen Privacy shortcuts
- Adjust your preferences in the privacy settings below
Follow along with the images below for more help:
FTC: We use revenue generating automated links. More
Check out 9to5Mac on YouTube for more Apple news:
(Embed) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7EHjT-cFEs (/ embed)